Thanks Charlie (Darwin). Well the week started with the passage of Obamacare–the “Descent of a Nation” into the abyss of socialism. Nevertheless that fight is far from over, but it will be uphill from here. Biden, the White House Jester, true to form topped off the signing festivities with his off microphone (he thought) declaration, “This is a big f—ing deal.”
Then today I get my new copy of NewsMax and what is on the front cover announcing the huge matching cover story? None other than Joel Osteen with wife Victoria beaming their best big white Barbie doll smiles. It is bad enough the Newsmax puff piece correlates this health/wealth, universalist preacher with true Christianity. Osteen embraces universalism, that is, he doesn’t believe trusting in Jesus Christ is the only way to get to heaven (see video).
John 14:6 states, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me” (NASB). So I guess God is a liar, right Joel?
As for sincerity Joel there were a bunch of very sincere Muslims that flew planes into buildings on 911, but you will not see them in heaven. Not because I say so, but because God said so. I mean come on they have a flash ad on their homepage for Dodie’s Drive-By Prayer Service! Pulleese! But it gets worse.
Newsmax then shifts into who is going to be the next Billy Graham mode. This wouldn’t be so bad until you see their list of possibles.
- Franklin Graham- of course that makes sense
- T.D. Jakes–big problem here as Jakes doesn’t believe in the biblical trinity–an essential of the Christian faith. He is a modalist. He believe their are three manifestations to the trinity, not three persons.
- Andy Stanley–hmmm, sounds okay except at Stanley’s North Point Community Church there are no pastors, that is, the whole service is a”production” and the “pastors” are called Producers. Stanley’s whole paradigm is based around a corporate structure with the head pastor CEO. This is not a biblical paradigm. A friend who attended told me there is little scripture mentioned, let alone taught.
- Luis Palau–I have heard about Palau, but know nothing much about him. He seems to be biblical.
- Rick Warren–another popular preacher, but seems more interested in the size of his church, not the depth of his flocks commitment to Christ. He stated on Larry King Live, April 6, 2009, that he has “never been and never will be” an “anti-gay or anti-gay marriage activist.” Say what?!! He also said he regretted supporting Proposition 8 (a California Proposition to ban gay marriage). Further Warren declared:
“There were a number of things that were put out. I wrote to all my gay friends — the leaders that I knew — and actually apologized to them. That never got out,” he admitted. Additionally, Pastor Warren said “he did not want to comment on or criticize the Iowa Supreme Court’s decision last week to legalize same-sex “marriage” because it was “not his agenda.” So much for standing on the Word of God.
It is frustrating to see a conservative magazine, clearly with a weak foundation in Christian religion/theology to dive in to murky waters they are unfamiliar with.
Truly this is a week chronicling the descent of man.